Startup Focus: Servr
Date: 21 February 2023
Author: FINTECH Circle
Servr’s mission is to help hotels provide customers with a superior level of service and guest experiences through our ground-breaking, state-of-the-art software platform.
How would you describe your business in one sentence?
We offer the hospitality industry the most superior level of service and guest experience through ground breaking, state-of-the-art software and A.I.
Tell us why your company is a game changer for our industry?
Servr GuestX is a hotel Guest Experience App that provides all of the hotel features and services, from pre check-in to post check-out, all on the easiest-to-use application.
We are different from competitiors as we are completely builty For hoteliers, by hoteliers, and not just another IT company creating somethign to see what sticks.
We use IntegrateX (completely free and fastest integration on the market using our proprietary AI), which Integrates from 5 mins to 2 weeks (1-week standard for new software) with 0 set up time and 0 set up fee.
However, the industry standard is 3-8 months and $5k+ per property per integrations. We have the best value for money with the most advanced platform features. We offer the most intuitive platform both for staff and guests.
Our whole platform is hyper-customizable, and one-click – 0 code changes. And most importantly from being hoteliers, and developing our platform within our own hotels, we understand the operations within each department, and we have built our platform to support, not change their operations.
What has been your biggest achievement to date?
- So far we have created the most in-depth and thoroughly researched platform in the market by far, after deep competitor research we understand how far advanced we are with our application as well as A.I integrations.
- Ilan Spiegelman has joined as a Co-founder and CRO, he had previously worked as the Director of Business development and marketing for 20 years at Oracle (the biggest hospitality software company globally)
- David Zerah and Sergey Solonin has joined on board as investors and advisors, they are both serial entrepreneurs, both into the technology and software space bringing an astranomical amount of expertese to the company.
- We have two successful POC’s in Bali, Indonesia
- Our A.I Integratons platform: IntegrateX has shown to be a massively powerful tool, with massive demand for this as an independent product from multiple enterprise scale companies, each having between 5,000 – 170,000 hotels in their portfolio
- Hospitality software innovation awards from the 7 star hospitality awards https://sevenstaraward.com/
What has been the greatest challenge leading a start-up so far?
The biggest challenge leading a start-up so far, would personally be in regards to understanding who is the right person to join as part of a team, as I had learnt that hiring someone that is not right for the job could be a great drain to the company, not just in terms of funds and budget, but also in terms of leading and team-working that could and usually does cause de-motivation and a lower performance of your company team.
What’s your typical day like?
- I wake up at around 8am
- Start working at 9am
- I take meetings usually from the morning throughout the day, responding to emails as much as possible between
- At around 6pm I would go to the gym for 2 hours, all while listening to audio-books of entrepreneurship, business and finance
- I would end my day between 10pm – 1am depending on the work load,
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learnt from your fundraising journey?
The biggest lesson learnt from my fundraising journey is that fundraising, as well as anything else to do with sales is about three things; persistance, patience and connection.
With these tools in the hands of a person, it gives a great step up in terms of achieving fundraising for a company.
Your advice to anyone starting out as an entrepreneur?
The best advice that I could offer anyone starting out as an entrepreneur would be to use and request as much help as possible, in my philosophy, we only have one life, and in this one should live it to the absolute fullest.
In line with this, we should always ask and use as much assistance, help or otherwise to achieve ones goals, I believe no one is self made as no one person can do everything.
You can connect with Adi Peterz on LinkedIn