Press Release: ITN Business & FINTECH Circle launch news-style programme Finance: Equity and Inclusion exploring a fairer financial future for all
Date: 06 December 2023
Author: ITN Business
ITN Business & FINTECH Circle launch news-style programme Finance: Equity and
Inclusion exploring a fairer financial future for all.
ITN Business is proud to present Finance: Equity and Inclusion, a news-style programme hosted by Sangeeta Kandola from the ITN London studio, launching on 6 December 2023 at FinTech Connect, held at London’s ExCel. Through interviews and reporter led films, the programme explores how those in the financial sector are making positive change with a people first approach – including greater transparency, education and access to promote more equitable and inclusive practices.
The economic landscape is still uncertain, but there are ways to create a fairer financial future for all and the programme showcases the organisations and companies leading the way. In an interview, FINTECH Circle, CEO, Susanne Chishti, discusses why the fintech sector can be a force for good and why innovation, technology and sustainability all have a role in helping make society better for everyone.
Innovate Finance, CEO, Janine Hirt, says eight out of every 10 individuals in the UK are at least using one FinTech tool on a regular basis and 98% of the fintech ecosystem is having a positive impact on the United Nations sustainable development goals.
UK for UNHCR, CEO, Emma Cherniavsky explains why the number of displaced people across the world is rising and why barriers to access financial services is a big challenge and what needs to change to help refugees become financially independent.
The programme also features sponsored editorial profiles from the following organisations:
- Creditspring, a membership loan service that offers no-interest short-term loans for a fixed monthly fee and financial education to help people regain control of their money and avoid a debt spiral.
- CapitalRise lends money to property developers but is funded by a much wider range of investors making it possible to invest from just £1,000.
- Freemarket provide a platform for cross-border payments and currency exchange,
speeding up processes and in turn helping to grow the economy.
- Kore Labs is using technology to digitise product management whether that’s bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages or investments and improve the way financial services do business.
- Mastercard Technology can help the excluded and under-represented access financial services. And a new app and debit card developed by Mastercard and the Alzheimer’s Society helps people living with dementia to have financial independence whilst giving their caregiver peace of mind.
- Minna Technologies Billions of people across the world have signed up to subscriptions and Minna Technologies is one of the companies at the forefront of this revolution, creating and intuitive ways to make life simpler.
- Zopa Bank helps fund financial wellbeing workshops to help people – including vulnerable groups, and their TikTok campaign giving tips on personal finance helps spread the message further.
Head of ITN Business, Nina Harrison-Bell said, “We are delighted to bring Finance: Equity and Inclusion to our audiences, challenging perceptions of the financial industry to hear about how organisations and companies are making positive changes to make finance more equitable and inclusive.”
Susanne Chishti, CEO of FINTECH Circle commented, “It’s exciting to launch our 4th Fintech Documentary with ITN Business showcasing the best fintech companies who really make a difference in supporting both individual and corporate clients in creating a fairer financial future for all.”
Finance: Equity and Inclusion will launch at FinTech Connect on 6 December 2023 and will be available to watch on the ITN Business Hub and on FINTECH Circle Insights Section. The programme will be supported with a digital marketing campaign across economist.com and thisismoney.co.uk and FINTECH Circle’s global finance network.
About ITN Business
Building on its decades of experience in B2B and corporate communications, ITN Business works with organisations, businesses, and brands to create a deeper, more authentic connection with their people, customers, partners, investors, or the wider world.
Our broadcast news-style programming and bespoke digital campaigns for sectors, charities, and industries, share stories of innovation, best practice and thought leadership, to connect with the audiences that matter to our clients, and to ensure longer-term impact.
For more information visit: itn.co.uk/business
About FINTECH Circle
FINTECH Circle is a global platform of more than 250,000+ fintech entrepreneurs, investors, finance professionals, academic and government representatives, and solution providers.
FINTECH Circle’s bestselling book range has been published by Wiley in more than 10 languages including the titles: The FINTECH Book, The WealthTech Book, The InsurTech Book, The PayTech Book, The AI Book and The LegalTech Book and the latest publication titled “Fintech for Dummies”.
The company launched Europe’s 1st Fintech Investor Network providing seed capital to the best fintech startups. FINTECH Circle also runs courses, webinars & innovation workshops for C-level executives and publishes fintech thought-leadership titles.